How To Distress A Mirror Frame
Hey guys! Then I am finally getting effectually to sharing with you all virtually how I took my $fifteen mirror frame I found while out antique hunting in Pigeon Forge , and transformed it into something that fit my home esthetic ameliorate by using a niggling fusion mineral pigment and some antiquing glaze. So I thought it would be fun to show you how to paint and distress a mirror frame simply like I did here.
This was such a fun project to exercise and I am and so happy with how information technology turned out. I will give you all the tips and details on just how I painted and distressed this mirror frame and I will show you just how easy it was!
I was surprised information technology was so simple and piece of cake to transform it into something I love fifty-fifty more. Continue on reading for the directions.
Supplies Needed:
- Mirror frame (yous could also apply a motion picture frame too)
- Fusion mineral paint (I used Raw Silk )
- Paint castor
- Antiquing Coat (I used this Valspar Antiquing Glaze )
- Painters tape (I did not need to utilise whatsoever because this mirror frame actually detached from the mirror itself, just information technology yours doesn't practice that, yous will need to use some painters record to prevent pigment from getting all over the mirror)
Wash The Mirror Frame
The first thing I did was take a clammy rag and wiped all around the mirror frame. I wanted to make sure it was complimentary from any dirt or droppings earlier I started painting it. Then, I used another rag to dry it off with.
Paint the First Glaze of Paint
Then after you washed and stale your mirror frame, the next matter to do is apply the first coat of paint! Like I said in a higher place I used fusion mineral paint in Raw Silk for this projection just yous could use whatever pigment y'all similar all-time and whatever color that volition work best for your abode.
I was very impressed with this paint (encounter my honest review almost it) and I merely used a modest sample sized pot for this entire mirror.
The sample size is only ane.25 fluid ounces and every bit you lot can see the mirror frame was pretty big and intricate so the coverage on fusion mineral paint is astounding.
Let Mirror Frame Dry out so Apply the Second Coat of Paint
I let the offset coat dry out for about three hours. For fusion mineral pigment, it is dry to touch after simply 30 minutes but you want to be sure to wait at least 1-2 hours before applying a second coat.
So I gave information technology plenty of time before applying the second coat. Later I applied the 2nd coat, I simply let it dry overnight before applying the antiquing glaze.
This was mainly because I did not have any coat on hand and I had to go go some the side by side day!
Apply the Antiquing Coat
After your frame is completely dry out, now y'all can apply the antiquing glaze! This was super fun to me to do because I take never used antiquing coat before and I was also impressed by this product as well.
Information technology definitely gave the painted mirror frame a distressed look to information technology, which is what I was going for. I used the antiquing wax pictured beneath. Yous don't demand much at all to do this.
First, I mixed the coat well and so I used a clammy rag and dipped it in there, getting merely a tad bit on the rag.
So, using small-scale circular motions, I applied it all around the mirror frame. I used more in some spots to give it a darker advent and and then less in some spots to give it more than dimension.
It actually fabricated the appearance of the mirror frame await antique and vintage which is definitely my style! Click hither to view the exact glaze that I used for this project.
Let Mirror Frame Dry Completely
Over again, after applying the antique coat, I allow the mirror frame dry overnight. I wanted to be sure it was completely dry earlier I hung it up.
It is too of import to notation the drying time if you are simply painting the mirror frame with fusion mineral paint and non applying the antiquing glaze- Curing time with all acrylic paints is 21 days, simply painted surfaces tin can be used gently after just 24-48 hours of drying time.
However, longer dry out times and curing times are required when painting is done in loftier humidity and libation temperatures.
So use your all-time judgement to decide when your mirror frame is completely dry from being painted and distressed!
Hang Up The Mirror Frame
The last pace is obvious, but one time you have let your mirror frame dry completely, it is time to hang it up! I wanted to hang it in our office considering I had some wall space next to my lockers that needed a piffling something.
And I remember it is the perfect bear on! I love how the painted and distressed mirror frame looks next to my onetime, rusty lockers. It's like it was made for this space!
I hope this post was helpful for you if you lot are planing on painting a mirror frame, or anything else for that matter! These techniques can definitely be used for any kind of article of furniture as well.
I would love to find an entryway table to paint adjacent so hopefully I can notice one of those presently too. I volition of course permit y'all all know if I do!
Have a lovely day my friends and as usual, thank you then much for stopping by! I appreciate y'all all!
Source: https://morningsonmacedonia.com/how-to-paint-and-distress-a-mirror-frame/

0 Response to "How To Distress A Mirror Frame"
Post a Comment